Children's Bike Hire in the Lake District
Need some help choosing what your children need to get out and ride with you? Sizing an adult bike for yourself is easy, it's a little more complicated for kids when booking in advance, so here is a little help.
For the younger/smaller child
We recommend that where possible your child rides a bike as opposed to be in a trailer or child seat, as this is the best way for them to really enjoy the ride. But we recognise that even the flattest Lake District routes have hills and terrain that may be challenging for the younger littleuns in your family. So if you aren't sure that your child is ready to turn the pedals in anger here then we still have options for you to get out as a family.
- Suitable for children aged 1 year and older, they need to be strong enough to support themselves properly over bumps, whilst wearing a helmet as well.
- There is no upper age limit, but the maximum weight limit is 20kg, so please be sure your child does not exceed this.
- Suitable for one or two children aged 18 months and older, they need to be strong enough to support themselves properly over uneven terrain whilst wearing a helmet.
- There is no upper age limit, but the maximum combined weight cannot exceed 32kg.
- Suitable for roughly 4/5 years old - 8/9 years old (size dependent).
- Height range is approx 3'5" to 4'5" - 105cm to 135cm.
- Maximum weight is 35kg.
Ready to pedal themselves?
If you are confident that your children are up to the challenge of a few hills (most of them are more capable than we give them credit for and bribing them with sweets helps too!), we have options available for children depending on their age and height.
20" Wheel Kids Bike
- Suitable for age range 5 years to 9 years (size dependent).
- Suitable for height range 3'10" to 4'6" - 117cm to 136cm.
24" Wheel Kids Bike
- Suitable for age range 8 years to 11 years (size dependent).
- Suitable for height range 4'3" to 4'10" - 130cm to 147cm.
XS Adult's MTB
- Suitable for 11 years plus (size dependent).
- Suitable for 4'9" to 5'4" - 145cm to 160cm