Bike Hire at Total Adventure Windermere
We are located on the main road passing by Windermere, directly next to the NatWest bank, opposite the footpath to Orrest Head and Windermere Train Station.
Our contact details
Our address is:
9 Church Street
Call us: 015394 43151
Email us: email@example.com
Where to park
- Broad Street pay and display is the best nearby car park to use. It is only a 6 or 7 minute walk from the shop. Use postcode LA23 2AB to find it. (Handy tip - If you arrive there, park and pay before 0900 you can park in the Early Bird parking area for £1 for the whole day, then get breakfast or coffee in Windermere before heading up to see us.)
- Staying in the Lake District for a few days or longer? Consider a 3 day or 7 day parking pass instead of pay as you go. It works out much better value for money. For prices and a list of participating car parks look HERE.
On peak days make sure that you leave enough time to reach us on roads that are slower than they may usually be. Make sure that you have enough time to find a space in a car park that may be very busy. The on road parking in Windermere tends to be restricted to 1 hour stops only.
What can you hire from here?
- High Quality Hardtail Mountain Bikes, suitable for all but the roughest of Lake District trails.
- Electric bikes for those of you not yet used to the hills in the Lakes.
- We also have children's seats available to fit our bikes (The bracket will only fit on 17"/M, 19"/L and 21"/XL mountain bikes).
Hire is always best booked in advance online to ensure you can ride on the day. Should you just turn up, we will do our best to meet your needs provided the bikes are not already reserved.
Click HERE to book at our Windermere shop.
Why ride from here?
Windermere is a great starting point for those seeking a little adventure.
- Head out into the Kentmere area and endure some lung busting climbs, technical descents and epic views; the real Lake District MTB adventure.
- Cruise along to Ambleside with easy access either by road, or by exciting off road routes. Great access for MTB routes around Loughrigg and The Langdales. Or for families, the gentler Grasmere Trail can also be joined from here.
- A circular route around the north of the Lake and across via ferry is also possible, with routes to suit mountain bikers, or gentler routes to suit families or those simply wanting to take in the scenery.
- Parents! You can take in Wray Castle, a great stopping point, and go out as far as Hawkshead for some Beatrix Potter history.
We can help you out with a selection of routes, and provide them as paper maps or you can download them to follow on a device.
We use the app View Ranger and have free downloadable maps to access on here. Think about downloading it to your phone before coming in for your hire.