Three great locations along Lake Windermere
Our bike hire operates from three locations, one in Windermere itself, and two locations either side of that along the shore of Lake Windermere, in Bowness-on-Windermere and in Ambleside.
Each venue has its own unique attributes, with access to different areas, routes, and terrain.
Click the links for the info page relevant to each of our locations to see which location would suit your needs the best.
- Best location for exploring north of the lake, the quiet western shore is easily accessible too.
- Gentle rides available from here to Grasmere in stunning scenery.
- MTB rides available from here on rugged and rocky Lake District terrain.
- Access to the Langdales easiest from this location.
- High quality MTB's available. Childseat available.
Click HERE for more location info for Ambleside
- Best location for families, with direct access to the ferry and no need to use busy roads.
- Gentle relaxed lake shore route to Wray Castle, with beaches to enjoy on the way.
- Follow the Beatrix Potter Trail easily from this location.
- MTB routes up onto Claife Heights available, these are low level routes so are still suitable for when the weather is poor.
- Electric Cruisers and Fatbikes available. High quality MTB's available. Kids bikes available. Childseat, trailer, and tag-a-long available from here.
Click HERE for more location info for Bowness
- Best location for a day out on an MTB, with a number of MTB routes that can be ridden from our doorstep.
- Easy access to the lake via Bowness, to go across via ferry to the quiet western shoreline and back again, or around the top of the lake on the way back.
- Ambleside is easily accessed from here.
- Gentle routes out to Staveley Mill Yard for lunch and back are easy from here.
- Premium Electric MTB's available. High Quality MTB's available. Childseats available. Cargo trailer available.