What is included in the hire?
- Safety briefing and quick tutorial prior to riding
- Children's seat/trailer/tag-along available for an additional cost
What will I need on the day?
On the day you will need to bring with you:
- ID - We require Photo ID (Passport/Driving Licence/Official ID Card) that matches the name the booking is made in. WE ALSO NEED TO SEE YOUR PAYMENT CARD, whether paying by cash or card, which must also match the name the booking was made in, or the payment details provided online.
- Water - Plenty of it especially in the summer months. Our bikes are equipped with bottle cages where possible, bottles are available to purchase in store.
- Appropriate clothing - No open toed footwear, wear trainers/trail shoes/approach shoes. Clothing suited to the weather forecast, it is always best to carry a lightweight waterproof, and bring waterproof clothing, with additional warm layers for the winter months.
- Helmets are compulsory (No Helmet = No Bike!), so these are provided to you at no additional charge. You are very welcome to bring your own provided you arrive to the hire point with it.
How long can I hire the bike for?
Our mountain bikes are available to hire for a flat rate of £27 for the day.
Our Electric Bikes are available to hire for half day £30 or full day £45.
Our shop is open from 0900 to 1700, however we ask that you return hire bikes to us by 1630 to ensure they are safe and ready to use for the next customers.
Does the weather limit hire?
Obviously, being surrounded by mountains and being situated in the UK we have our fair share of bad weather. However, we hardly ever need to cancel bike hire, just make sure you are well prepared! We will not allow you to hire if we feel you are not prepared enough to stay safe in the conditions. If you are unsure about the weather, please ring us before journeying to avoid disappointment.
Where can we get to from your site?
Head out into the Kentmere area and endure some lung busting climbs, technical descents and epic views; the real Lake District MTB adventure.
Cruise along to Ambleside with easy access either by road, or by exciting off road routes. There you can explore the MTB routes around Loughrigg and The Langdales. Or the gentler Grasmere Trail can also be joined from here.
A circular route around the north of the Lake and across via ferry is also possible, with routes to suit mountain bikers, or gentler routes to suit families or those simply after scenery and not thrills.
Parents! You can take in Wray Castle, a great stopping point, and go out as far as Hawkshead for some Beatrix Potter history.
How do I book a bike to hire?
Please book on-line to guarantee your booking, for more information or queries send us an email at email@example.com.
Can I just turn up on the day to hire?
Yes. We will do our best to get you sorted with hire if you just turn up. However, during the summer busy periods we recommend booking to avoid disappointment.
Is there an age limit?
We do require all under 18s to be accompanied by an over 18 at all times if hiring bikes. The minimum age for hiring E-bikes is 14 years, this is stipulated by UK Law so we are unwavering on this age. If you are unsure please contact us before booking.
I'm looking to buy a bike. Can I try it out before I buy?
If you are looking to buy an ex hire bike you have a few options. You can pay for a days hire - £27, take it for a test ride and we will knock the price of hire off your bike if you decide to buy. Or you can take it for a demo ride (15 mins) incurring a cost of 1p.