What is included in the hire?
- Safety briefing and quick tutorial prior to riding
- Children's seat/trailer/tag-along available for an additional cost
- Advice on routes, access to free downloadable self-guided route information.
What will I need on the day?
On the day you will need to bring with you:
- ID - We require Photo ID (Passport/Driving Licence/Official ID Card) that matches the name the booking is made in. WE ALSO NEED TO SEE YOUR PAYMENT CARD, whether paying by cash or card, which must also match the name the booking was made in, or the payment details provided online.
- Water - Plenty of it especially in the summer months. Our bikes are equipped with bottle cages where possible, bottles are available to purchase in store.
- Appropriate footwear - No open toed footwear, wear trainers/trail shoes/approach shoes.
- Appropriate clothing - Suited to the weather forecast, it is always best to carry a lightweight waterproof, and bring waterproof clothing, with additional warm layers for the winter months.
- Helmets are compulsory (No Helmet = No Bike!), so these are provided to you at no additional charge. You are very welcome to bring your own provided you arrive to the hire point with it.
How long can I hire the bike for?
All of our bikes are available from 0930 - 1630 on the day you have booked for. You can collect them later and return them earlier as long as it falls within those times.
You can book our range of mountain bikes for up to 7 days at a time. Our Electric Bikes are only available to hire for one day online, please get in touch to book for more than one day.
Our shop is open from 0900 to 1700, however we do require that you return hire bikes to us by 1630 so we can ensure they are sanitised, safety checked and ready to use for the next day.
Does the weather limit hire?
Obviously, being surrounded by mountains and being situated in the UK we have our fair share of bad weather. However, we hardly ever need to cancel bike hire, just make sure you are well prepared! We will not allow you to ride if we feel you are not prepared enough to stay safe in the conditions. Unfortunately at this point there is no refund option, so again we advise to be prepared. If you are unsure about the weather, please ring us before journeying to avoid disappointment.
Can I cancel my booking?
We understand that sometimes plans change, and you may need to cancel your booking. Our cancellation policy is that we require a clear 48 hours notice of your cancellation by email, or by phone, with a member of the management team, in order for you to qualify for a refund.
If you cancel with less than 48 hours notice, we will not be able to refund you unfortunately.
The exception to this 48hr rule is in the event of a coronavirus related cancellation. Within 48hrs of your booking slot we will either reschedule your reservation, or place it "on-hold" without additional charge until a later date. This will only apply in the following scenarios.
- In the event of either the activity not being able to go ahead, or for you to be unable to attend, due to a local or national lockdown.
- You have tested positive for Covid-19.
- You have symptoms of Covid-19.
- You have been asked to self-isolate by the NHS test and trace system.
Please click HERE for our full cancellation policy.
How do I book a bike to hire?
Please book on-line HERE to guarantee your booking, for more information or queries send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I just turn up on the day to hire?
Yes. We will do our best to get you out on a bike if you just turn up. However, during the summer busy periods we recommend booking to avoid disappointment.
Is there an age limit?
We do require all groups to be led by a rider of 18yrs + at all times if hiring bikes. The minimum age for hiring electric bikes is 14 years, this is stipulated by UK Law so we are unwavering on this age. If you are unsure please contact us before booking.
I'm looking to buy a bike. Can I try it out before I buy?
We are often in the position of being able to sell of ex hire stock near the end of the season. If you are looking to buy an ex hire bike you have a couple of options. You can pay for a days hire, take it for a test ride and we will knock the price of hire off your bike if you decide to buy. Or you can take it for a 10 minute demo ride (subject to availability). This incurs a cost of 1p for an ID/card check.