Bike Hire at Total Adventure Bikes, Windermere
Where to park
- Broad Street pay and display is the best nearby car park to use. It is only a 6 or 7 minute walk from the shop. Use postcode LA23 2AB to find it. (Handy tip - If you arrive there, park and pay before 0900 you can park in the Early Bird parking area for £1 for the whole day, then get breakfast or coffee in Windermere before heading up to see us.)
- Staying in the Lake District for a few days or longer? Consider a 3 day or 7 day parking pass instead of pay as you go. It works out much better value for money. For prices and a list of participating car parks look HERE.
On peak days make sure that you leave enough time to reach us on roads that are slower than they may usually be. Make sure that you have enough time to find a space in a car park that may be very busy. The on road parking in Windermere tends to be restricted to 1 hour stops only.
What can you hire from here?
- Premium Electric Mountain Bikes, both hardtail and full suspension, to crush the Lake District terrain.
- Premium Electric Hybrid Bikes, to make light work of the hills as you explore the gentle lanes and trails in The Lakes.
- Premium Mountain Bikes, either hardtail or full suspension, suitable for all Lake District trails.
- Standard Mountain Bikes, in a broad range of sizes incl Youth and Children's options. Suitable for a wide range of off road terrain, but not the very roughest Lake District trails.
- We also have children's seats available to fit our bikes (Only supplied on 17"/M and 19"/L standard mountain bikes).
Hire is always best booked in advance online to ensure you can ride on the day. Should you just turn up, we will do our best to meet your needs provided the bikes are not already reserved.
Why ride from here?
Windermere is a great starting point for those seeking a little adventure.
- Head out into the Kentmere area and endure some lung busting climbs, technical descents and epic views; a real Lake District MTB adventure.
- Cruise along to Ambleside with easy access either by road, or by exciting off road routes. Great access for MTB routes around Loughrigg and The Langdales. Or for families, the gentler Grasmere Trail can also be joined from here.
- A circular route around the north of the Lake and across via ferry is also possible, with routes to suit mountain bikers, or gentler routes to suit families or those simply wanting to take in the scenery.
- Parents! You can take a break at Wray Castle, a great stopping point with a cafe and gardens with a playground to entertain the kids. From there it is easy to go out as far as Hawkshead, for some Beatrix Potter history.
Please note, the current COVID-19 requirements for public transport means that you will only be allowed to use the ferry if you are wearing a face covering. At this time they will also only be accepting contactless payment.
We use the app ViewRanger to plan routes for you. We have free downloadable maps to access on this platform.
Download the ViewRanger app for free before you arrive. You can then download our free route maps to your device, provided you have installed the Viewranger app and created an account.
- ViewRanger download
- Routes (this page is coming soon!)